مینا جعفری هرندی
RELEVANT MUSIC COURSEWORKS
▪ Piano Performance 2001- 2013
▪ Qanun Performance 2018 to present
▪ Classical Singing 2011- 2012
▪ Composition 2009- 2011
▪ “Ethnomusicology and Popular Music Studies”, Dr. Klaus Nӓumann, Tehran, Iran, 2018.
▪ “Urban Ethnomusicology”, Dr. Kerstin Klenke, Tehran, Iran, 2018.
▪ “The Production and Editing of Ethnographic Films from the Viewpoint of
Ethnomusicology”, Dr. Nepomuk Riva, Tehran, Iran, 2019.
▪ Piano Private Instructor and Music Theory teacher, 2010 to present.
Piano instructor at Avaye Iran music institute, 2012 to 2015.
Piano instructor at Sayeh music institute (Ghamar music ensemble), 2014 to 2015.
Piano Instructor at Rasa elementary school, 2016 to 2017.
Piano instructor at Nian music academy, 2016 to present.
Piano instructor at Ferdows music academy, 2018 to present.
▪ Music Researcher and Assistant of the head of the music faculty, Dr. Sasan Fatemi, at the
center for the great Islamic Encyclopedia, Tehran, Iran, 2015 to 2018.
▪ Assistant and Project Collaborator of “The Woven Sounds” documentary (carpet pattern
singing in Iran), research project at the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OEAW) within the
commission Vanishing Languages and Cultural Heritage (VLACH) by Mehdi Aminian, 2019 to
▪ Piano Soloist in the 7th Classical Music Concert at K.N Toosi University, 2007.
▪ Piano Soloist in the 8th Classical Music Concert at K.N Toosi University, 2008.
▪ Piano Soloist in the concert of Pooya & sol music institute at Farabi concert hall (Tehran
University of Art), 2008.
▪ Piano Soloist in the 9th Classical Music Concert at K.N Toosi University, 2010.
▪ The 26th international conference of “Commission for the Study of Musical Folk Cultures in
the German Society for Folklore”, Center for World Music, Hildesheim, Germany, 3-6
▪ The 29th Rudolstadt Festival (symposium focus on Iran), Rudolstadt, Germany, 4-7 July
▪ “Yek goone-ye taze motevalled shode-ye musiqi-ye khiabani dar Tehran”, [A New Genre of
Street Music in Tehran], Mahoor Music Quarterly, No. 70, 2016.
▪ “Gozareshi az bist-o nohomin jashnvare-ye musiqi-ye Rudolstadt-e alman, [A Report of
the 29th Rudolstadt Festival], Mahoor Music Quarterly, No. 84, 2019.
▪ “Forbidden Music in Iran: the Study of Underground Music and Street Music in Tehran”,
Paper submitted to conference on Forbidden Music, Center for World Music, Hildesheim,
Germany, August 2019.
HONORS AND AWARDS
▪ Ranked 11th in State Entrance Exam for Master of Art, 2011.